Monday, March 4, 2013

It's Not Black and White: A Diasporan Living in Armenia

17:49, March 4, 2013

By Vrej Haroutounian

Last year, I decided to make the move to Armenia.

After finishing grad school, the many summers I had spent working here culminated in my decision to take this step. Although I had considered this option for quite some time, it still caught members of my community with surprise.

My move to Armenia incited all types of emotions and concerns about my motives. Some reminded me of the corruption that exists in Armenia and relayed personal stories of theft and lawlessness. Others were concerned that I was throwing away the best years of my life. I was met with many confused faces as they were simply puzzled with my decision. Some even thought of my move as escapism.

Armenian News

No comments:

Post a Comment