Friday, April 10, 2015

Prison Notebook: “Every day I go to the Slavonic University and the Hetq office=?UTF-8?B?4oCd?=

14:57, April 10, 2015

By Mher Yenokyan

For the past year Mher Yenokyan, who has served 19 years of a life sentence, has been writing a weekly article for Hetq from his cell at the Nubarashen Penitentiary.

In the 1990s, when there was no link with the living and when I went to sleep hungry, I would picture how I and the family would leave the city for the country

I pictured, in detail, how we would grill meats and veggies in the bosom of nature. Recollecting the flavors and smells, I would fall into a deep sleep just like Gikor. But deep within my soul, my aim was to struggle like Gavrosh. The struggle would begin with each new day – physical exercise, reading and creating.

Armenian News

No comments:

Post a Comment